We at Studio One's Southwest / Summerlin Dance Academy are dedicated to giving you the professional atmosphere you expect from a studio. Please read our studio policies as we expect our students to adhere to them at all times.
- For the student's safety, no one is allowed in any studio without a teacher present, without permission
- No food, drink or gum in the classrooms. Only water is allowed.
- No running or horseplay anywhere in the building.
- No street shoes on the dance floors.
- Parents must notify the studio if their child will not be attending class.
- Do not leave anyone, especially children, unattended in the waiting rooms. We are not a baby-sitting service.
- Arrive on time, or a bit early, and prepared for classes. Please allow a few minutes for your child to adjust from their previous activity to the dance studio. We respect that every one has a schedule. Please respect ours. Older dancers should arrive early enough to allow themselves to warm up their muscles prior to class start.
- Missed lessons should be made up in a same or lower level class. (Unless otherwise specified, on an individual basis.) Classes do not have to be made up in the same style of dance if one is not available. Experimentation is encouraged. Contact the office when making up a class.
- There will be a $25 fee on all retu rned checks.
General Student Expectations
- Students will help their parents out by being ready to go to class by the time parents are ready to leave their home.
- Students show respect for themselves and others by being dressed appropriately for class, such as:
- No jewelry, other than small earrings
- Shoe strings should either be tucked in or tied in a knot and cut off.
- Please do not wear underwear under girls' leotards when wearing tights. (Traditionally tights act as underwear. Wear underwear when not wearing tights in the warm weather.
- Student's hair is to be pulled up off the neck. For 6 year olds and under, a bun is preferred.
- Students show respect for others by:
- keeping their hands to themselves during class
- waiting quietly for others to have a turn
- waiting until the music is finished before entering the classroom if they are late to class.
- Not borrowing items, cash or other valuables without permission from the owner of the item(s). Cameras have been installed for safety and security issues
- Dancers show respect for their teacher and the art form they are learning by:
- being properly dressed and ready for class on time
- listening when the teacher speaks
- when sitting on the floor, sitting criss-cross style with backs up straight
- being prepared for their turn
- always asking before leaving the room for any reason
- applauding their teacher at the end of class.
- Dancers show respect for the studio by
- not bringing gum, drinks other than water, or food into the classrooms
- never hanging on the barres
- putting trash in the proper places
- putting away books and magazines when they are finished with them
- Not wearing street shoes on the black marley dance floor
- NEVER touching or hitting the mirrors -- a very important safety issue.
General Expectations of Parents
- Parents show respect for the dance class, teacher, and studio by:
- Knocking before entering the classroom if a class is in progress.
- Standing away from the observation window if it becomes obvious that students are being distracted.
- Picking students up promptly after class
- Not wearing street shoes on the black marley dance floor.
- Making appointments to meet with the teacher if a particular conversation is expected to exceed more than a few minutes.
Please make sure that your child goes to the bathroom right before you leave home. This will ensure that your child will not miss out on valuable lesson time while they are in the bathroom.
Please give your child the space and freedom to explore dance on his/her own. If your child has problems separating from you, that is usually a good sign that your child should most likely wait 6 months to a year before they enroll in dance lessons.
Proper hygiene is essential in all aspects of life. It is very hard to approach a child or parent about a lack of cleanliness or a foul body odor. However, in a dance studio where activities induce sweat and children are moving through the space, odors can become a terrible distraction and an embarrassment for the child, should a classmate be insensitive and say something out loud. To avoid these problems, please be sure all dancewear is laundered after each wearing; hair should be clean and pulled back properly, and deodorant should be a consideration for all students age 7 and up for dance class. Please, NO PERFUME prior to class as this will cause a terrible odor, as well as aggravate allergies of other students.
COMBO - The combo classes require leotard and tights. Underwear is not necessary when tights are worn. Underwear is necessary when tights are not worn. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes are required.
BALLET - Black leotards are required. Ballet pink or theatrical pink tights are required and pink ballet shoes. Teens and adults have permission to wear solid colored unitards. T-shirts and other cover-ups are not allowed. Tube socks are not allowed. Shorts are not allowed. A sweater may be worn at the beginning of class to warm-up in during the cold winter months.
TAP, JAZZ, LYRICAL, PRE-DANCE, & ALL OTHER - Modest dancewear such as leotards, tights, sweatpants, and skirts. Street clothes and/or baggy clothes are NOT permitted. Make all dance apparel purchases from a retail store which stocks those brands that are acceptable for the proper and modest dress for dance studies. Off-brands often do not fit properly and can be a source of pain and frustration. A cover-up should be worn entering and leaving the studio no matter what the season or weather. Never wear dance shoes outside.
HIP-HOP - Baggy clothes are permitted in this class. Absolutely no jeans!
Black tights, non-baggy shorts, or sweat pants, white or black ballet shoes, white socks, T-shirt. No baggy shirts.
If you have further questions, please direct them to any staff member working in the office.
Release of Liability
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Studio One's Southwest / Summerlin Dance Academy, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Studio One's Southwest / Summerlin Dance Academy, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
The undersigned gives permission to Fullam Enterprises, its owners and operators to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restictions, or condition and/or declare the paricipant to be in good physical and mental health.
Tuition is due by the first of each month. If accounts are paid after the 5th of the month, there will be a $15.00 late fee applied to the account balance. There is a $25.00 returned check charge for any checks returned by the bank. We offer a discount for those that are on monthly automatic payments. Please see the front desk to make arrangements.
Acknowledgement of Understanding
The Participant and Parent(s) or Guardian(s) have read this waiver of liability and indemnification agreement and fully understand its terms. The Parent(s) or Guardian(s) understand that Participant is giving up substantial rights, including the right to compensation for injury resulting from ordinary negligence. The Participant and Parent(s) or Guardian(s) acknowledge that you are acknowledging the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend your reading of this disclaimer to be a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent allowed by law in the State of Nevada. In acknowledging this waiver of liability as Parent or Guardian, you agree that you are consenting to the Participant's participation at Fullam Enterprises dba Studio One's Southwest / Summerlin Dance Academy and acknowledge that you agree that any and all risks, including that of ordinary negligence, whether known or unknown, are expressly assumed by the Participant and Parent or Guardian and all claims, whether known or unknown, are expressly waived in advance.